Friday, 23 April 2010

In Gratitude



I have only been home a little over 24 hours and already I have fallen back in love with my cherished city. I do believe to have returned at the best time of year. The trees are in full bloom, thick green bushels fluttering softly in the breeze. Sidewalks and window boxes are lined with spring flowers, bright yellow daffodils and lipstick red tulips. The air is fresh and warm, yet cool enough to require a light jacket. Since I left, the city inhabitants seems to be in uplifted moods, with friendly smiles and more approachable energy. The newness of the season makes adjusting back to city life easier and much more pleasurable. I am reminded again and again why this city is so extraordinary, from the diversity of people and food to the extensive availability of anything and everything one can possibly dream. It is truly an amazing place and I feel more proud than ever to call it home.



As a final blog entry, I offer my thanks to all the loyal readers who followed along on this life changing adventure. When feeling homesick, lonely or tested, my thoughts drifted to you, encouraging me to keep the story going, to stay committed to the journey, to share it openly and honestly. You all have added so much depth and meaning to this trip that my words do little justice for how grateful I feel. A special thanks to my parents who picked us up at the airport, filled our bellies with homemade food and gave the biggest hugs that were so desperately needed. There is nothing quite like being welcomed home by so much love and affection. Thank you to my family and friends, whose continued support allows me to live my dreams courageously. Your weekly emails and updates helped me to feel connected from all the way around the world. Thank you to my clients who remain loyal through all my extended vacations and welcome me back with open arms. I am so excited to get started and share everything that I have learned. For all the wonderful and extraordinary people I met at Yoga Thailand, it was a pleasure to grow, practice and learn together. I am honored to be a part of such an extraordinary program that will forever influence my life. To the morning Mysore crew, I acknowledge it is because of you all I set out on this journey in the first place. If I wasn't welcomed so warmly and completely, I am sure to have been on a different path. Thank you for being such a positive, inspiring and monumental force in my life.

Until the next time I set off on another adventure, I wish you all love, peace and blessings. In gratitude, THANK YOU!

2 comments:

J'aim(i)e. said...

so much love you you and Brian for sharing your adventure with us! It has been a blessing to watch your practice grow both on the mat and on the net :) I'm glad that you've rediscovered your love for New York...we always need a break to remind ourselves the convenience the rest of the world lacks.... Again, glad to have you back safe and sound. xo

Diana walsh said...

Great blog Amanda. I truly feel like I went on the journey with you every time I read it. I looked forward to reading it at night. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. We love you! Dee and the gang!